2. Niagara: The Purple Eagles are always a threat, and the tandem of Tyrone Lewis and Bilal Benn might be the best in the conference.
3. Rider: With the return of MAAC Player of the Year favorite Ryan Thimpson and three other double-figure scorers, the Broncs will be a factor.
4. Fairfield: The Stags return plenty of firepower from last season, including potential all-MAAC forward Greg Nero and a healthy Anthony Johnson.
5. Saint Peter's: The Peacocks have one of the conference's top backcourt duos in junior guards Wesley Jenkins and Nick Leon.
6. Loyola (Md.): The Greyhounds could be a sleeper behind super scorer Jamal Barney, guard Brett Harvey and Maryland transfer Shane Walker.
7. Manhattan: Look for the Jaspers to rely on the backcourt of all-conference candidate Darryl Crawford and JC transfer Rico Pickett.
8. Canisius: Five starters and three double-figure scorers return for the Golden Griffins, who struggled last season to a 4-14 finish.
9. Iona: Although the Gaels return four starters from last season, they will likely struggle despite the presence of emerging guard Scott Machado.
10. Marist: It looks like another potential return to the league cellar as the Red Foxes return no one who scored more than seven points per game.
Player of the Year: Ryan Thompson, G, Rider
G- Ryan Thompson, Rider
G- Tyrone Lewis, Niagara
G/F- Edwin Ubiles, Siena
G/F- Bilal Benn, Niagara
F- Alex Franklin, Siena
G- Ronald Moore, Siena
G- Jamal Barney, Loyola
G- Frank Turner, Canisius
G- Wesley Jenkins, Saint Peter's
F- Ryan Rossiter, Siena