2. Portland: Could the Pilots surpass Gonzaga? They have a chance because of the return of five starters, including Nik Raivio and T.J. Campbell.
3. Saint Mary's: The losses of Patty Mills and Diamon Simpson will knock the Gaels back a bit, but Omar Samhan is one of the top centers around.
4. San Diego: The return from injury of guard Brandon Johnson will help, but De'Jon Jackson and co. will have to step up to help him.
5. Santa Clara: Without John Bryant down low, the inside-outside combo of Kevin Foster and Marc Trasolini will need to become stars.
6. San Francisco: Dior Lowhorn is one of the league's top players, and guard Kwame Vaughn is a double-figure scorer in the backcourt.
7. Pepperdine: The Waves return four starters from their nine-win season of a year ago, including guard Keion Bell and forward Mychel Thompson.
8. Loyola Marymount: The Lions were just 3-28 a season ago, but they have some young talent on the roster, namely Jarred DuBois and Vernon Teel.
Player of the Year: Matt Bouldin, G, Gonzaga
G- Matt Bouldin, Gonzaga
G- Brandon Johnson, San Diego
G- Nik Raivio, Portland
F- Dior Lowhorn, San Francisco
C- Omar Samhan, Saint Mary's
G- T.J. Campbell, Portland
G- Kevin Foster, Santa Clara
G- Steven Gray, Gonzaga
G- Vernon Teel, Loyola Marymount
G- Vernon DuBois, Loyola Marymount