1. Akron: The Zips should be a force this season, behind the return of the McKnight brothers, Chris and Brett, and the arrival of freshman Zeke Marshall.
2. Buffalo: Rodney Pierce is one of the league's top players, and Calvin Betts is a solid wing for the Bulls, who fell just short of an auto bid last year.
3. Kent State: Consistently one of the best mid-majors, the Golden Flashes have some work to do to get back to the top of the conference.
4. Ohio: If Indiana transfer Armon Bassett makes as big of an impact as expected, the Bobcats could be a sleeper in the Mid-American.
5. Miami (Ohio): Although they return injured guard Kenny Hayes, the RedHawks need several role players to step up and help him.
6. Bowling Green: The Falcons finished tied for first last season, but they lose three starters and could fall all the way to the division cellar.
1. Central Michigan: With Chris Kellerman coming back from injury, and Jordan Bitzer and Robbie Harman in the backcourt, the Chippewas will be tough.
2. Eastern Michigan: The Eagles return four starters, including Brandon Bowdry, and regain the services of injured star Carlos Medlock.
3. Northern Illinois: The Huskies might have the best wing duo in the league in Darion Anderson and Colorado transfer Xavier Silas.
4. Ball State: Despite finishing below .500, the Cardinals were tied for first in the division; Jarrod Jones could be primed for a breakout season.
5. Western Michigan: The Broncos won only 10 games last season, but also tied for the division title. David Kool could be MAC Player of the Year.
6. Toledo: The Rockets went 7-25 a season ago, and lose three starters from that group; Justin Anyijong is the leading returnee.
Player of the Year: David Kool, G, Western Michigan
G- David Kool, Western Michigan
G- Darion Anderson, Northern Illinois
G- Rodney Pierce, Buffalo
F- Kenny Hayes, Miami (Ohio)
F- Brandon Bowdry, Eastern Michigan
G- Chris Singletary, Kent State
G- Carlos Medlock, Eastern Michigan
G- Armon Bassett, Ohio
F- Jarrod Jones, Ball State
F- Brett McKnight, Akron