There had been rumors swirling around for months that prized recruit Justin Coleman would not make it academically at Louisville. Those reports were verified Friday morning when head coach Rick Pitino announced on a local radio show that Coleman would not suit up for the Cardinals this upcoming season.
Coleman wasted no time moving on from the situation, though, as he decided to enroll at Marshall on Sunday.
“[The] details are getting worked out, but he is going to Prop,” said Rob Fulford, Coleman’s former coach at Huntington Prep (W. Va.).
Coleman will not be allowed to play or practice this season, and he will need to pay his own way into the school, but he will be able to join the Thundering Herd in 2011-12 if he remains in good academic standing.
Dilik’s future unclear
Huntington Prep’s Ozi Dilik was one of the top unsigned players remaining at the beginning of the summer – and it remains that way.
According to Fulford, Dilik’s plans for the upcoming season are still up in the air.
“[I] have no idea,” he said. “The ones he said were options, weren’t options. Seton Hall, Cincinnati, Oregon aren’t involved anymore. So I don’t know what they are doing.”
Dilik is a 6-foot-3 guard, originally from Turkey.