With Jeff Goodman of FOXSports.com tweeting late Thursday night that a top-10 recruit would be announcing his college decision at noon on Friday, I was forced to investigate the five uncommitted top-10 guys remaining in Scout.com’s rankings: Quincy Miller, Anthony Davis, Austin Rivers, Adonis Thomas and Rakeem Christmas. Here is what I found:
- 6-foot-9 Rakeem Christmas was the one to announce his intentions to Goodman, as the Academy of the New Church (Pa.) big man committed to Syracuse via Skype.
“It’s a very comfortable situation for Rakeem,” said Rob Brown, Christmas’ AAU coach with Team Final.
Christmas is Syracuse’s third commit of the 2011, joining Michael Carter-Williams and Team Final teammate Trevor Cooney.
Brown said the fact that former Team Final guard Dion Waiters is joining the Orange this fall was a factor, but Cooney’s presence meant more.
“He’s best friends with Trevor Cooney,” Brown said.
Christmas, who visited the Syracuse campus last weekend, chose the Orange over Florida International, Georgetown, Florida, Oklahoma, Rutgers and Texas.
- Adonis Thomas plans to trim his list in the near future, and then plan his visits.
“We will be knocking the list down to five schools sometime this month. Probably before or after the Boost Mobile Game,” Eric Thomas, Adonis’ father, said.
Right now, the 6-foot-6 small forward from Melrose (Tenn.) has a long list of schools that includes Memphis, Tennessee, Florida, UCLA, Kentucky, Arkansas, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Missouri, Oklahoma, Georgetown, Florida State and Cincinnati, according to his father.
There are no plans to commit anytime soon.
“I don’t think so,” Adonis Thomas said.
- Quincy Miller has a long way to go before making a commitment, according to sources.
“No time soon, family decision along with Brian Clifton,” a source said. “He will decide either November or April.”
The 6-foot-9 forward is rumored to be leaning towards Louisville, although Duke, Kentucky, Syracuse, Ohio State, Baylor and others are also in the mix.
- Anthony Davis was in the news often this week, as the Chicago Sun-Times published a report linking Davis to Kentucky and a six-figure payday from the Wildcats.
His official decision will come towards the end of the month, though.
“His decision will be made public in the next 2-3 weeks,” said Jevon Mamon, a coach with Davis’ Meanstreets AAU team.
Mamon added that they are not sure how Davis will announce his decision just yet. The 6-foot-10 forward is choosing between Kentucky, DePaul, Syracuse and Ohio State.
- Austin Rivers is likely headed to Duke, but we will have a complete story on him next week.
Post a Comment